Parking - we need your help!
In response to two ‘near-misses’ in our cul-de-sac recently, the governors are looking at ways of improving traffic safety around our school. This involves gathering everyone’s views and ideas, then drawing up a Spring parking scheme, designed to improve the problem. The scheme is likely to include a variety of measures including:
- liaison with Cheshire East about current parking restrictions in the cul-de-sac
- providing more information for parents on safe parking areas close to school
- further liaison with Booths over low-cost parents’ parking passes
- banners, flyers and letters designed by the children to highlight the issues
- road safety talks for all children in school time.
As a first step we’d like to get the views of as many parents, teachers and governors as possible on the current parking situation at Egerton. Attached to this newsletter you’ll find a brief questionnaire. We’ve designed it to take 2 to 3 minutes to complete and would be really grateful if you could spare the time to give us your views. It can be returned to the school desk either on paper or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All of this information will then feed into our parking scheme.
We’re also looking for a few parent volunteers to join a small working party looking at this issue. Please provide an email address and phone number at the end of the attached questionnaire if you feel able to give your time (we promise not to ask too much of it!)
Please return all questionnaires by Tuesday, 19th March at the latest.